Mounting the hardware components
– Countersunk screws M 5 x .., in accordance
with DIN 965-4.8; the screws should be long
enough that they engage a minimum of 6 mm
into the screw thread of the gear casing.
The maximum torque should not exceed
• Remaining hardware components:
– Screws 4 x 25 or 30 for PVC windows
– Screws 4 x 30 for timber window (pre-drilling
is required for softwoods)
– Self-drilling screws 3.9 x … for aluminium
– Countersunk screws with partial thread
4 x 25 or 30 must be used to mount all
hardware components in the vertical
secondary sash area on secondary sash
• Screw material:
– Do not overwind zinc-coated and passivated
surfaces for „Titanium Silver“ screws
– With a Zn-Ni or Deltatone with Delta
Seal surface for „E-look“ to avoid contact
• To obtain a test certificate, it is necessary for
the S-RS striker plates and tilt lock bearing to be
connected in a particular way.
Do not overtighten the screws.
Timber surface treatment
Timber windows and door elements should only be
surface treated before the hardware components are
assembled. Treating these surfaces at a later stage
can reduce the functional capacity of the hardware
When inserting blocks, be sure to observe technical
guideline no. 3 from the German Glazing Trade
Glaserhandwerk, “Blocking glazing units” Klotzung
Never use acid cure sealants as they may cause the
hardware components to corrode.
Keep the rebates free from deposits and dirt, especially
from remnants of cement and plaster. Avoid exposing
the hardware directly to water and do not let cleaning
agents come into contact with the hardware.
Information for end users
Provide the user with the following documents:
• Operating and Care Instructions (order no.
We reserve the right to make technical changes
required as a result of the further development of
products or a change in standards, laws or jurisdiction.
We assume no liability for printing errors.
1 - 11